If you noticed on my Instagram this week, [if you didn't, follow me @mashasmumbles ;)] I've been dabbling with some nail art. So, here is a nail art design that is easy to do and even if you don't have a steady hand, it'll still look decent! I went with a nude base and neon flowers because I think it's perfect for the summer. You can of course choose whichever colors you like! I used 'Bare Bones' as the base, 'I'm Wired' as the stamen of the flowers, and 'Slime' as the petals. Don't forget to let your nails dry a bit between each step unless you want to end up with a bit of a mess. Let me know if you have any questions and if you like this style of post!
Friday, June 28, 2013
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Mac Cleanse Off Oil, getting rid of my mascara is one of my biggest makeup battles and Bioderma has won the war! It does not irritate my skin and no scrubbing is required to take off a full face of makeup. I just pop a bit on a cotton pad and start by wiping off my face makeup. Then I conquer my stubborn eye makeup by gently pressing two cotton pads against my eyelids for about ten seconds. It really does do the job! Bioderma works closely with dermatologists to create products that mesh well with various skin types. Most cleansers I've used in the past have made my face feel raw but with Bioderma, it feels like I'm just washing my face with water. However, I do still wash my face with actual water after using Bioderma because I do not want any residue remaining on my face no matter how hypoallergenic the cleanser claims to be. Fragrance free, gentle, and great for sensitive skin? I must be dreaming. Bioderma has made its way from France to the UK so maybe someday it'll journey over to the states as well. Till then, I will have to resist from using it nonstop or resort to the unreasonably expensive Amazon prices. Have you tried this product or anything else by Bioderma?
Saturday, June 22, 2013
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
|Beige, Tea Rose|
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
This post has been without a doubt been inspired by the fact that I had my first session with a personal trainer yesterday. I have always been interested in health and fitness and the nutritional science overall. Since being healthy and happy both mentally and physically is a large portion of being confident and beautiful, I thought that my blog would be the perfect place to share my exercise routine and some healthy recipes. Now keep in mind that I am just a college student attempting to stay fit and not a professional.
Okay, let's start off with a bit of history. I was always involved in many athletic activities as a child: I danced for six years, I swam, I played tennis, did karate, and ran track. Unfortunately when high school came around, I became less active. I would go to the gym now and then and try out diets that I was curious about (nothing too drastic). I was never overweight but I wouldn't classify myself as skinny by any means. I have long muscular legs, broad swimmer shoulders, and then I got myself a big bootie and boobs. Also, I am almost 5'7". I guess some would classify me as curvy but I don't believe I fall into that category because I do not have very wide hips. I've maintained pretty much the same weight all throughout high school until senior year when I lost about twelve pounds. I must admit I'm not all sure as to how I managed to accomplish that because I wasn't try to lose any weight at that point. I assume it was because of extreme stress.
|Me in January 2013|
I must admit that this upset me and I did get a bit obsessed with losing all that I had gained during the second semester. I ended up going to the gym almost every night for an hour to two hours and I started a food journal. I would burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories a night. I know that isn't the healthiest mentality to have but it's been four months and I lost the weight and I kept it off. My next goal is to get more toned and get down to the weight I had at the end of my senior year. I don't want to be skinny, I want to be fit and healthy.
I know that this is more of an introductory post but I promise I will post more about food and specific exercises. Let me know if you guys enjoy this series! xx
Friday, June 7, 2013
Ingrid mentioned good things about this particular product for acne-prone skin. I know Origins has an amazing spot treatment but unfortunately my budget is not that vast. I have been using Lush's Grease Lightening for a little over a week now and I have seen some difference. I tend to apply a little bit of the tea tree cleanser on the spots in the morning and before I go to bed. In my experience, the cleanser dries out the acne and this is supposed to speed up the process of getting rid of the troubled area. This isn't a miracle product but if you keep applying it routinely, it will make a difference. Have you tried this cleanser?
Thursday, June 6, 2013
|L-R: 'The Luminizer', 'Rose Pink', 'High Beam', 'Soft and Gentle'|
Sunday, June 2, 2013
The absolutely lovely Grace from Grace of Beauty nominated me for the 'Liebster Blog Award'. If you didn't know 'Liebster' is German for 'dearest' so this is quite a sweet award.
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer 11 questions provided by the nominator
- Nominate 11 blogs [under 200 followers] that deserve the title and let them know!
- Think of 11 questions to ask the nominees
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- I can eat a jar of pickles in one sitting. Ick. I know.
- I have two younger brothers.
- I was born in Russia and am not yet a citizen of the United States.
- I was president of my high school's drama club. Nerd alert.
- I spend money I don't have on things I don't need.
- I learned English by watching Seinfeld.
- I have never had a single pet and that makes me sad sometimes.
- I have lived in three different countries.
- I don't like cupcakes but cookies are a very different story.
- Sarcasm is my friend.
- I want to learn to speak as many languages as I can in this lifetime.
Nominator's [Grace of Beauty's] Questions:
- When did you start your blog? I started this blog about a month ago after sharing a blog with my best friend for a few months.
- If you could start all over in life, would you change anything? I wouldn't change many things. Perhaps I would study more in school and not befriend certain people.
- What are the best five words that would describe you? Organized, stubborn, lazy, silly, compassionate.
- Neutrals or bright colors? Depends. Probably neutrals because I prefer more classic looks.
- What inspired you to start your blog? Why? Other peoples' blogs inspire me all the time. Blogging is an outlet for my creativity.
- What are three things you are grateful for? Food, family, friends. The three 'F's.
- What is the latest trip you went on? I just returned from California a week ago.
- How did you come up with your blog's name? I wanted my blog name to be an alliteration and contain my name. Mumbles was the only word I could think of that was somewhat synonymous with talking.
- The latest beauty purchase? NYX lipgloss in 'Beige'.
- Are an organized person? I used to come over to my friends' houses to clean their rooms for fun. Does that answer your question?
- Your favorite blogs [pick 3]? 'Milk Bubble Tea', 'The Dauphine', and 'From Roses'.
- What is the first thing you do when you get home from work/school?
- Drink of choice?
- How old were you when you went on your first sleepover?
- Do you play any instruments?
- How much time do you spend on your blog?
- Do your friends and family know about your blog?
- What is your favorite perfume/scent?
- Do you prefer to wear dresses or pants?
- What's your dream handbag?
- If you had to eat only one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- How did you come up with your blog's name?
Saturday, June 1, 2013
|T-B: 'Girl About Town', 'Rebel', 'Chatterbox'|